[VABS] Deadline Approaching This Week: VABS Bowl with the Blind

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 12:11:35 UTC 2018

Happy Sunday Virginia Students and Affiliate Members

I hope that this email finds you in high spirits. I am writing to impress
upon you the importance of registering for the VABS Bowl with the Blind
event on October 6, 2018. With the event being two weeks away, I cannot tell
you how important it is for all attendees to register with me if you plan to
make it. If you are interested in attending the biggest student event for
our division this year, please send an email to rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
<mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com>  with your name and phone number or a text
with the same information to 804.801.7674. Attendees that do not send me a
registration will be unable to compete, as we have a cap and we are
approaching the number soon. All registrations must be received by Friday,
September 28, 2018.

If you are interested in using the ride share option in Richmond and
Northern Virginia, please contact me by Monday, September 24, 2018. Anyone
that has not registered and paid their fee for ride share by this date will
not have a seat saved for them. I hope to connect with all of you at the
bowling event and wish all of you the best in the coming weeks. Below is
some information about the event:

Time: 1pm-4pm

Price: $10 (3 games and shoes)

Location: Pin Boys at the Beach

1577 Laskin Rd.

Virginia Beach, VA 23451

Ride Share:

Richmond: $30 round trip

Northern Virginia $60 round trip

We are raffling tickets for a Google Home Mini smart speaker for the event.
This will be done through a virtual ticket system for preorders and we will
have physical tickets at the event. We will also do a live feed on our
official Facebook page on the day of the event where we will take ticket
orders for members who are not present. Tickets are $1 each or 5 for $3.
VABS accepts CashApp and Venmo for these payments. Please contact Robert
Parsons at 804.801.7674 or Gerald Meredith at 804.243.3980.

Blessings

Robert E. Parsons Jr.

Western Michigan University '21

Bachelor of Arts, Sociology and Anthropology

Iota Phi Theta, Inc. '07

Phi Beta Kappa '15

Alpha Phi Omega, Inc. '17

Alpha Kappa Delta '18

Order of Omega '18

Randolph Macon College '18

President, Virginia Association of Blind Students

Phone: 804 801 7674

"Without struggle, there is no progress." -Frederick Douglass