[VABS] VABS Bowl with the Blind

rob.parso3389 at gmail.com rob.parso3389 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 01:03:26 UTC 2018

Good Evening Virginia Federationists

I hope that this email finds you well. The month is swiftly passing us by
and we are now mere weeks away from the culminating event of the Virginia
Association of Blind Students, "Bowl with the Blind." Please be sure to
support the hard work that Virginia's students have done both in this
affiliate and nationally. Home is where the heart lives and I know that the
Virginia affiliate heartbeat is strong with support for its future leaders.
Here's a reminder of a few accomplishments that VABS has under their belt in
the last year:

1.	Provided a screening of the documentary "Do You Dream in Color," at
college campuses in the state to help build the Federation and the message
given to us by the national office.
2.	Stands as one of the only states to have an institution write a
letter of support for HR 1772, the Accessible Instructional Materials in
Higher Education Act.
3.	Partnered with numerous Greek organizations and community groups to
fundraise for the Federation.
4.	Coordinated, drove support for, and facilitated a regional seminar
with attendance of 6 different state student divisions.
5.	Pulls double duty and performed tasks to continue to strengthen the
affiliate at the chapter and state level daily.

With a division this hard working, we hope that our Federation family will
take the time to support our efforts to make our annual event for Meet the
Blind Month a success. We aim to always kick national Meet the Blind Month
off with a party to celebrate our affiliate's efficacy, energy, and
vitality. Here is the information on how to attend:

1.	Contact yours truly to register for the event. You can call or text
804.801.7674 with your name and phone number. You are also welcomed to email
this information to rob.parso3389 at gmail.com <mailto:rob.parso3389 at gmail.com>
.
2.	If you are in need of a ride share, contact me with that information
after you register. There are area coordinators for people who want to
attend that live in both Richmond and Northern Virginia. I will connect you
with that coordinator to set up payment for your trip. The cost for a
roundtrip seat from Richmond is $30 and $60 from Northern Virginia. The
deadline for ride share is September 24, 2018.
3.	Support our raffle fundraiser: we are raffling off a Google Home
Mini for the event. We will be selling advanced tickets on September 21,
2018. Contact a student in your local chapter to find out how you can
purchase a ticket. You do not have to be present to win or enter the
drawing. Tickets are $1 each or five tickets for $3.

Here is the information for the event: