[VABS] AIM HIGH INITIATIVE REMINDER

André Hill andrehill6188 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 03:51:36 UTC 2019

Good Day Everyone,

This is a gentle reminder to fill out the Google Form regarding the
Accessible Instructional Materials for Higher Education Act.

We encourage as many college/university students as possible to fill out
the form and give input because we want to show our members of Congress
what struggles we face as we pursue our respective studies. Additionally,
we want to show that not addressing inaccessibility will have a negative
effect on the future of all blind students.

We know that getting accessible materials is often delayed, or we are given
supplemental materials that are inadequate. In other cases, we must rely on
a sighted classmate to assist, which can hinder both parties involved. As a
result, many students fail classes, have issues with financial aid,
experience increased levels of stress or frustration all of which can
prolong graduation and hinder entrance into the workforce.

I imagine some of you in middle and high school may be wondering whether
you should give your input. The answer is yes because if you intend on
going to College, University or a Trade School, you want to make sure that
you are able to get all of the materials you need to succeed and do well.

Here is the link to submit your testimony via the google form:
https://forms.gle/VdQ3i33BkpHwUYDr8

If you would like to write a testimonial that is more in depth feel free to
do so and send it directly to NABS Board Member Trisha Kulkarni at
trishak.nfb at gmail.com.

I am at your service and if I can be of assistance please feel free to
reach out to me.

Thank You,

André E. Hill

-Chair, Legislative Committee
Virginia Association of Blind Students

-Co-Chair, Legislative Committee
National Association of Blind Students
National Federation of the Blind

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm
going is what inspires me to travel it.”-Rosalía de Castro