[VABS] Fwd: [NABS-L] Legislative & Self-Advocacy Committee One Week Reminder

André Hill andrehill6188 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 21:04:55 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Justin Young via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
Date: Sun, Apr 11, 2021, 1:17 PM
Subject: [NABS-L] Legislative & Self-Advocacy Committee One Week Reminder
Cc: Justin Young <jty727 at gmail.com>

Hi All,

Hoping this message finds you all well! Please join us next Sunday, April 18
at 8pm eastern for the next Legislative & Self-Advocacy Committee (LSAC)
meeting. For this month's conversation, we will be discussing strategies how
to keep our cool in the moment of advocating for ourselves. At times I'm
sure we all have faced stressful or as some may also call them blood boiling
moments while trying to advocate for our rights as blind people. This might
happen with professors, in social gatherings, traveling in airports, train
stations, etc. So we would like you to consider these stressful situations &
how you dealt with them in the moment while they were happening and be
willing to share the techniques that worked best for you to resolve them.

It's our hope by holding this conversation during this month's LSAC call, we
all can learn a new strategy to help us become greater self-advocates
ensuring we as blind people have the same rights as others!

The Zoom information to join us is the following:

Join Zoom Link:

https://zoom.us/j/4678833687

One Tap Mobile:

+16468769923,,4678833687#

Thanks & look forward to chatting with you all next Sunday at 8pm eastern!

Justin Young

Co-Chair, Legislative & Self-Advocacy Committee, National Association of
Blind Students

Treasurer, National Federation of the Blind of New York State.

Vice President, National Federation of the Blind of New York State,
Rochester Chapter