[VAGDU] intro

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 02:10:06 UTC 2017

Hello, Robert and all:

I am Angie, and I live in Fredericksburg. I am currently "between dogs." I actually am taking an extended guide-dog hiatus, but I do hope to work with another guide someday. My first guide was Glaze, a female yellow lab from Guide Dogs for the Blind (San Rafael, January, 2001). My second guide was Yani, a female black and tan German Shepherd from The Seeing Eye (January, 2008). Yani retired in the summer of 2016, and sadly she passed away a few months ago because of liver cancer. I have a six-year-old son who has developed a dog allergy, so it may be a little while before I get a new dog. But when I am ready, I am going to investigate the possibility of working with a standard poodle. Thank you, Robert, for creating this list. I look forward to reading everyone's posts.

Best regards,

Angie Matney

Sent from my iPhone