[Vendorsmi] Fw: EOC Ad Hoc

Larry Posont president.nfb.mi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:31:44 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: Bill Lozier
To: resolutioncomm at sbcglobal.net ; jrvending87 at yahoo.com ; heibeckc at michigan.gov ; garsvend at aol.com ; keathleygreg at yahoo.com ; hullj at michigan.gov ; pilarskij at charter.net ; pellej at michigan.gov ; suncat0 at gmail.com ; brlbumps at sbcglobal.net ; mjcbiz at charter.net ; rutherford_beard at yahoo.com ; sjx3 at sbcglobal.net ; mcenteej at michigan.gov ; wallacej1 at michigan.gov ; jendoroh at gmail.com ; drea7139 at yahoo.com ; rob.essennberg at yahoo.com ; terrydeagle at yahoo.com ; president.nfb.mi at gmail.com ; cannonp at michigan.gov ; samtocco at wowway.com ; casey354 at comcast.net ; geri.taeckens at isahealthfund.org ; zangerc at michigan.gov
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 8:03 PM
Subject: RE: EOC Ad Hoc

To form an ad-hoc committee consisting of major stake holders in the Business Enterprise Program.  The stated purpose of the ad-hoc committees would be:  To bring interested parties together to help identify problems, discuss solutions to those problem, and then provide positive forward looking suggestions to the State licensing agency, The Elected Operators Committee and The Commission Board.  The standing make up of the committee would be as follows:

EOC appointed chairperson
EOC chair
third EOC rep
two Commission Board members
BEP program manager
assistant BEP program manger
representative of blind consumer group
representative of blind consumer group
two at-large positions appointed by the chairperson

Good Evening Folks,

   This is the Motion that was passed by the EOC.   It states very clearly the purpose and the make-up of this committee.  I made this motion exactly this way because I foresaw exactly this problem.  To this date NOT ONE person other then EOC members has contacted me personally about this committee.   This is  the motion, if we do not like it then it should be changed, but until then it is what we have to work with.  So I am going on the assumption that this is a legal motion ant that I am the legally appointed chairperson, and I believe the motion clearly gives me, as the chair, the right to make the final dissision.  As I have stated in previous e-mails the EOC is in complete support of this committee make-up.  If we cut the legs out from under the EOC once again then this AD-hoc will never work.  This committee was formed as a mechanism of the EOC, therefore we feel we have the right to pick the at large members of this ad-hoc, as the motion clearly states  If this make up dose not work we are more then willing to change it, but we have to start somewhere.

     Commissioner Pilarski hit the nail on the head, this is supposed to be a consensuses building tool not a "pick sides" game.  If we can not act like adults and move this forward in a postative way I will for one not continue to give my valuable time to this effort.  The only side that I am on, is the BEP side, I have no axes to grind or personal fights involved in this committee, I just want a strong effective BEP in Michigan.  I have never attacked or disparaged anyone personally, I have only spoken out for a better BEP.  So if anyone has questions about my personal motives in the formation or make up of this ad-hoc, please ask, and give me a chance to show my intent as chair, before you question my motives, or not, like I said no one is contacting me with their concerns.

  Please everyone read commissioner Pilarski comments again, she is 100% correct this is the time to come togather and move this program forward in a friendly positive way.  This will not be an easy task but I also believe we can succeed

Thank you all very much for your time,

Bill Lozier