[Vendorsmi] FLAGRANT INJUSTICE IN THE Michigan Commission fortheBlind Business Enterprise Program!

Terry Eagle terrydeagle at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 13:23:55 UTC 2012

Right on target Mary Ann!

Might I add the lack of adequate training for a BEP career, and the corrupt
passage of trainees who obviously don't and can't exhibit the basic skills
of blindness and business management; the failure to promote the BEP through
through the hiring of blind individuals as employees in BEP operations; the
practice of licensing sighted persons to operate BEP facilities, with the
misappropriation and misuse of funds intended for employment of the blind,
and resulting in the loss of inventory and set-aside funds taken away by the
sighted licensees, without any legal ramifications for either the sighted
persons or the state employees who violated the law, ripping-off blind BEP
licensees of set-aside fees and other set-aside benefits.

And yet, the sighted leadership of the current administration believes it
knows best what is efficient and most beneficial for the blind for their
futures and business program.  That's just what we need--a new and
additional level of incompetent non-business bureaucrat types running our
programs, businesses, and future lives.  All this under the banner of the
governor's attempt at more efficient government.  Well Mr. Government work
to welfare for the blind is not efficient by any stretch of the imagination.
I understand, Mr. Governor, that you and your administrators and advisors,
cannot possibly imagine the abilities and true performance balue of of blind
individuals in the workplace, but the reality is your vision of blind
persons iscolored by the fact that you and your associates have not been
exposed and surrounded by the well-trained and competent blind individuals
in their respective fields.  All we need as blind persons is the
"opportunity" to demonstrate our abilities, without interference of those
persons, sighted and blind alike, who believe they "know" what is in our
best interest.  I and my fellow blind citizens want WORK not WELFARE.  Give
us a fair "opportunity", free of discrimination and pre-judgment based on
our physicaltraits and affiliation, and I guarantee we as blind citizens
will wow and amaze you as partners in achieving a new culture and efficiency
in government.

Respectfully,

Terry Eagle