[Vendorsmi] I only heard

Joe Sontag suncat0 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 19:09:56 UTC 2012

Fred, the law is broad precisely because no set of rules can ever begin to address all of the wrongs that rogue or ineffective staff and management can do to a licensee, as we've seen since you were driven out in 2006.  Events of the previous 7 years have also shown how licensees have no reasonable expectation that Agency policy will be followed consistently, short of the grievance procedure in our current rules.  Of course, BEP management has argued that policy is meaningless if a rule permits a lower standard of performance on their part.

I well remember when the first version of the proposed BEP promulgated rules was brought to the EOC, and the "rule only" wording  was one of the few issues we had with it.  I was pleased to see the change that was made in a subsequent version a few years later.  I don't think we disagree on much here.