[Vendorsmi] I only heard

Fred Wurtzel f.wurtzel at att.net
Wed Oct 10 17:14:00 UTC 2012

hello Joe,

As I recall, not a very reliable thing, In 1995 we adopted a format for
hearing requests  that asked operators to state the issue, the rule violated
and the requested remedy.  Again, as I recall, this was not meant to reduce
hearings, only to assist everyone, including the operator, to clarify the
issue and how to deal with it.  Many issues ought to be resolved quite
simply.

You are correct in your underlying implication that there can not be a limit
on grievances.  The law clearly says that an operator can file for a hearing
on ANY action of the agency.  As the administrator, I did feel this is a
little broad, but no matter, that is the law.  Either they will see the
obvious contradiction or another judge will set them straight.

Finally, I don't think there is much of a point in filing for a hearing if
there are no rule violations, so, theoretically, this procedure should not
stop anything.  As I stated above, operators will be much more successful if
they can go into the hearing or grievance process with an idea of exactly
which rules were violated.  This may not end up to be an issue.  On the
other hand, it seems that the system can mess up an empty room, so to speak.

Thanks.

WarmestRegards,

Fred