[vendtalk] new money

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 23:52:13 UTC 2009

I have a question, one day this week a new tv was on I don't watch it but
the others at work have.  The show is called what would you do.  and in a
segment, had an actor blinding a blind person who was buying something in a
bakery and the merchant purposely who was also another action cheat the
blind person, to see if people would react it the situation and help the
blind person out.  To me we go shopping at the time without any help like
myself and if I am going to a merchant that I go to all the time, I usually
don't worry about it.  And I don't think they should have done this
anything.

But it was brought up again that the federal government is changing our
money.  I mentioned again to the people at work who I was having a
conversation with that first of all I am my NFB family, just look at
blindness as a nusuance.  But they started insisting that we should fight to
get money that we can use.  I said why, we have been using money since it
has been created now.  They kept insisting that is happening now.

Is this true that the government is changing I haven't heard nothing was
posted on the lists or in the braille monitor.

I want to show these people who are the ones that they now what is best for
blind people what is going on if there is any updates.

Cheryl Echevarria