[vendtalk] Expiration Dates - Sorry but nNot much help here

Tom Evans tevans2003 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 18 19:18:41 UTC 2010

I spent quite a while pushing VSA to get me the data for the frozen info.  I
made a stink, that they are now going to post the data on their website of
frozen product info.  When I asked I got vague and differing info on
expiration of frozen, whether 14 or 30 days upon thaw.  it took a while but
their responsibility to give the shelf life for health and safety purposes
is there.  I then typed the dates up and post on the freezer ex big azz
burger, 14 days.  When anybody gets the product out, they use a price gun,
yet you could maybe get a bigger sticker.  I find that they fall off
anyways, because of the condensation.  The sticker, then has 316 which means
nothing to anybody but, you know it to be march 16.
I then rotate the product to different areas.  I put the new below and
oldest up top, so every time I go, it is rotated and really need to only
look at one shelf.
I can see, but very difficult, so I try to make dummy proof for all.

For my chip machines I have quite simply or not simply gathered a bunch of
data.  I know that one machine only sels for example 9 products in one coil
in a 3 day period.  It is good inventory control and saves you looking at
the dates you can't see.  So in essence it rotates itself.  I then have
employees go through on the first and 15th and spot check.
The key is knowing where your biz is.  No sense in over loading a slow
machine.  Doesn't make cost effective sense for blind or sighted.  I then
again have the machine labeled HKRS1, which helps all.  The letters are my
own lingo that says to me, employees and customers ex hospital key room
snack one.  this serves multiple purposes.
This is printed on a sheet and employee has so as to give a report on each
machine.  Employee notes and circles machine in service and circles whether
it is one fourth, half, three quarters or empty.  It takes a while to save
time for the rest of your career.

Hope that helps
Tom Evans