[vendtalk] The Passing of Our Dear Friend Scott Young

Kathy Ungaro icbv at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 14 23:39:37 UTC 2012

So sorry... Scott you were soooo loved and will be dearly missed.  Looks like
all those CT children needed a bigger ANGEL to be with them today.  God bless
you and keep you! Love you SCOTT.

To all my NFB friends I know how dear Scott was to you, my prayers are with you
all for comfort, peace and lasting memories of what a great man Scott Young
was.  Let us all take a bit of Scott with us on our journey's and pray we can be
influenced by all that he has taught us.
 Thank you,

Kathy Ungaro
Illinois Committee of Blind Vendors
53 W. Jackson Blvd. Suite 502
Chicago, IL 60604
(630)234-4444

This message (including attachments) is privileged and confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, please delete it without further distribution and
reply to the sender that you have received the message in error.

________________________________
From: Kevan Worley <kevanworley at worleyenterprises.com>
Wilson (harold.wilson2 at verizon.net)" <harold.wilson2 at verizon.net>; Indiana
Pamela Schnurr <pjschnurr at att.net>; "Kim Williams (rkvend at aol.com)"
<rkvend at aol.com>; New Jersey Nicky Gacos <nickycolorado at netscape.net>; Sharon
Treadway <sharonparis at comcast.net>; Al Falligan <ruthfalligan at att.net>; Annette
Lutz <annettelutz at att.net>; "Barbara Manuel (b.manuel11 at att.net)"
<b.manuel11 at att.net>; Dan Faccinni <danfb at verizon.net>; David Phillips
<ballahack at earthlink.net>; Ed Brown <highlander at indy.rr.com>; Edward Birmingham
<ebirm18 at wowway.com>; "HackneyCharles at aol.com" <HackneyCharles at aol.com>; Harlon
Cowsar <deucehc at gmail.com>; Indiana Joe Higdon <j_higdon at comcast.net>; James
Baxter <ambersfoodcourt at verizon.net>; Jeremiah Wells <jeremiah54 at earthlink.net>;
Jim Farley <jimfarley86 at yahoo.com>; Joe Shaw <jrs3147 at comcast.net>; John Gerber
<jeg80 at comcast.net>; john Jones <jpj1955 at aol.com>; Kyle Aihara
<kyleaihara at gmail.com>; "Lorraine Magnessun (hjm2 at verizon.net)"
<hjm2 at verizon.net>; "Lousiana Lee Frazier (lagniappeww at juno.com)"
<lagniappeww at juno.com>; Manny Sifuentes <mannyjs at gmail.com>; Mary Hayes
<mhenterprise at bellsouth.net>; Melissa Smith <mlsvending at yahoo.com>; Mr. Shelly
LeJune <silejune at cox.net>; Rob Brown Oklahoma <r_r.enterprises at cox.net>; "Sandy
Alvarado (salvaradolmt at cox.net)" <salvaradolmt at cox.net>; Steve Vincke
<kwh7047661 at aol.com>; "terrysmith at epbfi.com" <terrysmith at epbfi.com>; "Texas Mike
Vandervoort (vandervoorts at sbcglobal.net)" <vandervoorts at sbcglobal.net>; Tim
Jones <tmjnc2 at gmail.com>; Virgil Stinnett <one.fisherman at hawaiiantel.net>;
Willie Black <wdblackis at comcast.net>; "Art Stevenson (artds55 at comcast.net)"
<artds55 at comcast.net>; Charles and Betty Allen <clbtallen at aol.com>; Gene Fleeman
<gene_fleeman at yahoo.com>; Illinois John Gordon <icbv at sbcglobal.net>; John Fritz
<johnfritz at centurytel.net>; "Lynn Reynolds (lhr1827 at optonline.net)"
<lhr1827 at optonline.net>; Scott Young <sdy10vend at comcast.net>
Sent: Fri, December 14, 2012 4:43:37 PM
Subject: The Passing of Our Dear Friend Scott Young

Hello,

It is with a heavy heart that I write to tell all of you about the passing of
our dear friend and colleague, Scott Young of Tennessee. In recent days, Scott
checked into the hospital. As most of you know, Scott was a brittle diabetic. As
I understand it, Scott went into the hospital a few days ago. At first it seemed
like a bad cold, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc. However, it was quickly determined
that a number of other complications to his diabetes were intensifying. His
family was at his bedside during the last couple of days. NABM First Vice
President Kim Williams, NFBEI Director Terry Smith and our member Melissa Smith
were with Scott yesterday.

This is a very difficult note for me to write as Scott has been much more than
one of our leaders. He was much more than a very effective businessman. Scott
was always ready to carry more than his share of the load. He was one of our
heroes, but often his humility meant that he was one of our unsung heroes. He
simply got the work done. He exemplified what we all should be doing. He always
had the greatest relationships with his legislators. He was often the one that
led the charge in the face of legislative challenges to opportunities for the
blind. But, for me personally, more than all of those things, he had been a
supporter, a dear friend and an example of class, honor, integrity and dignity.
Scott had battled monumental health issues for many years, and yet it can truly
be said that his indomitable spirit and love, which in his case came from his
Christian faith, made him one of our quiet leaders and contributors. It occurs
to me that one way to understand Scott would be this phrase: He was always there
to help. Many of us talk, Scott did.

We understand that arrangements for services in Tennessee on Monday are being
made, and funeral services in Illinois, where Scott was raised, are likely to
occur on Tuesday.

At Your Service,

Office: 1-866-543-6808
Cell: (303)929-2369