[vendtalk] National Federation of the Blind Merchants announce Super BLAST XIII

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Sat Feb 11 15:57:27 UTC 2012

Greetings Colleagues and Friends,

Mark your calendars! Please plan to join us for education, motivation and
the largest Trade Show for blind entrepreneurs and those with whom they
work. The National Association of Blind Merchants, a strong and active
division of the National Federation of the Blind, is very pleased to
announce that the BLAST Business Leadership and Superior Training conference
will return to Indianapolis, Indiana in May of 2013.

After much negotiation and vigilant consideration of the top conference and
hospitality venues across the country, contracts have been signed with the
magnificent Indianapolis Marriott Downtown.

The Business Leadership and Superior Training conference has become the
principal conference for Blind Vendors and State Licensing Agency management
and staff over the past decade. Each year we have expanded curriculum,
sought out the most dynamic speakers, added networking opportunities, team
building exercises and top notch tours and entertainment. In 2013 we are
moving this dynamic Business Leadership and Superior Training, BLAST
conference to the spring.

In light of the recent far reaching memorandum issued by President Obama and
the recent launch of our National Federation of the Blind Entrepreneurial
Initiative we have much work ahead of us in 2012. As we begin planning
curriculum for the 2013 Indianapolis BLAST and securing early sponsorships
we look forward to working with all of you. 2012 promises to be an exciting
year as we work with many of our longstanding partner/suppliers, State
Agencies, local Vendor Committees, Federal Officials, franchisors, and
equipment manufacturers.

In other words, although the next opportunity for our national Trade Show,
networking and continuing education will be in May of 2013 we will be
promoting our program and its numerous benefits at local and state meetings
throughout 2012.

Plan To Attend: Training at the 2013 BLAST conference will begin at 12:00
p.m. on Monday morning, May 20th and conclude at 1 p.m. on Thursday, May
23rd.  We will be planning the largest Randolph-Sheppard Trade Show in the
history of our program. We want you to participate. It will occur Tuesday
afternoon May 21 from 12:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Rooms will be available at
the low rate of $124.00 per night plus applicable taxes. Information about
registration will be released shortly. We will be looking for your ideas and
together we will be constructing the best BLAST upward mobility training
possible.

Indianapolis, the home of Super Bowl XLVI, will now become the home of Super
BLAST XIII; it will be one week prior to the greatest spectacle in racing
and Indianapolis will be roaring! Make your plans, don't miss out. Start
your engines!

To share your ideas or for more information please feel free to contact me
at (1-866)543-6808 or via email at  <mailto:kevanworley at blindmerchants.org>
kevanworley at blindmerchants.org. For questions regarding conference logistics
please be in touch with Rachel Valdes at 1-866-543-6808 Extension 14.

We look forward to seeing you!

Kevan Worley

Executive Director

National Association of Blind Merchants