[vendtalk] Snack Packs for Opportunity

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Mon Jun 4 19:20:13 UTC 2012

Snack Packs for Opportunity

Building Opportunities for Others through the Donation of Snacks

Each year more than 3,000 blind Americans gather for a week-long convention
of the National Federation of the Blind.  This year, we will convene at the
Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, Texas on Saturday, June 30 - Thursday, July
5 2012.  It is significant that we choose to gather around the time of
Independence Day.  Blind people come to the NFB convention to seek
independence and empowerment.  They come to develop strategies for success,
to learn from our successful blind role model colleagues and to plan
concerted action in order to overcome the long-held myths and misconceptions
that many in our society believe about blindness and blind people.  Blind
people face a 70% unemployment rate and still they find ways to attend the
NFB convention.  We who earn our living as Blind Merchants have developed a
program called Snack Packs for Opportunity to help provide snacks for those
attending the week-long convention and fund the worthwhile projects of the
National Association of Blind Merchants.

Here's How It Works: Blind Merchants ourselves and many of our
partners/suppliers donate cases of snack items.  Our members then bag them
up in grab-bag fashion with 20 snack items to a pack.  We sell these Snack
Packs in the convention's exhibit hall for only $5.00.  The $5.00 Snack Pack
is a great deal particularly for the many hundreds of blind conventioneers
attending the conference on a very limited budget.  It is a grab-bag of
variety; salty or sweet at an unbelievable low price because all of the
items which retail for $.50 to a $1.50 are donated by our members and our
supporting suppliers.  Snack Packs for Opportunity is the principle
fundraiser for the National Association of Blind Merchants.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!!  Please make a commitment to donate by having cases
contributed. For delivery options, contact Kevan Worley. All arrangements
should be finalized prior to June 21st 2012.  In order to raise $6,000.00 we
need to sell 1,200 Snack Packs. This means we need a total of 24,000
individual snack items to make Snack Packs for Opportunity really work. Our
members will contribute much, but we are respectfully asking that you
consider a substantial tax deductible donation of snack items to this very
worthwhile project. Pack an extra suitcase of snacks, or VISTAR has made it
even easier than that: Please see the attached form for authorization.

We will be happy to gratefully acknowledge substantial contributions to this
project at the annual business meeting of the National Association of Blind
Merchants.  Should your company require some time on the agenda to reach
blind business managers please contact us immediately. Thank you for your
support of the National Association of Blind Merchants and the National
Federation of the Blind.

Yours in partnership with appreciation and thanks,

Kevan Worley

Executive Director

National Association of Blind Merchants