[vendtalk] East Coast Tragedy

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Fri Nov 2 14:13:39 UTC 2012

Greetings,

I've been receiving a number of calls inquiring about our blind members on the East Coast. The best I can gather is that all of them are safe. That's the most important thing. However, many are still without power in their homes and businesses. At least a couple have sustained loss of belongings. Many have not been able to get to their businesses yet, to determine their business losses.

Of course, I have received numerous emails and phone calls about our President, Nicky Gacos. His home is currently without any power. There is power in some of the homes in his neighborhood. He has not been able to get to work to determine business losses. However, he, like many of our East Coast colleagues, have lost all of their merchandise due to power outage and flooding. Please be praying and thinking of our colleagues.

At this point, I would suggest that there is no action that NABM can be taking. However, as we move forward, we must stand ready to help our brothers and sisters. They will need our support, advocacy, and in some cases, perhaps, money. We are a family. We will do what we are able to do. I have spoken to Nicky. He has spoken to most of our colleagues. They are okay physically; mentally and emotionally is, of course, another matter.

At your service,

[cid:image005.jpg at 01CDB8D1.F6D43370]

Kevan Worley
Executive Director