[vendtalk] awards proceedure

mazher mazher at comcast.net
Sat Oct 20 17:49:57 UTC 2012

Ms. Hudson:
Please accept my apologies for the tardiness in getting back to you.  I was
preoccupied with the press of urgent policy business in our program.  Well,
here are some of the ideas from our program.  The evaluation tool does need
updating but until we get around to doing so, it is doing a serviceable job.

Please keep in mind that all our facilities are in one city so it is
relatively easier for us to rely on monthly SLA inspections etc, something
that might not be easy in other geographically spread out programs.

1.  Supervision of Personnel
During monthly SLA inspection of facility, did any of the following occur.
Failure to produce schedule procedures for all employees.
Failure to produce personnel files.

2.  Knowledge of business
Is there a budget?
Is there a consistent mark-up of at least 35 percent?
Were there more than two bounced checks to the SLA during rating period?
Were there more than three profit and loss deficits in the rating period.
Was there any report of a payroll deficit.

3.  Ability to serve:
Any report by building management of the facility not opening or closing on
time.
Any evidence of facility not being adequately stocked?
Any evidence of facility not being properly staffed during rating period?
Any evidence of prolonged hazardous conditions during rating period?

4.  Care and utilization of equipment:
Any complaint of broken or unclean equipment during sub factors in SLA
inspection during rating period?
*(above category almost never invoked because we hold SLA responsible for
most equipment related issues and sanitation/cleanliness issues are covered
elsewhere.)

5.  Record Keeping:
During any month in rating period, were reports received late or incomplete
without a legitimate excuse?

6.  Sanitation:
Was the highest inspection score in any month (all authorities) less than
the aggregate in the prior year?

7.  Customer Relations:
Was there a legitimate SLA investigated customer complaint  during the
rating period?

8.  Adherence to rules and regulations:
Were all x and z tapes available for review on an audit?
Was there any lapse in insurance coverage during rating period?
Were there any violations of the permit and/or vendor agreement during
rating period?
Was there any instance of vendor failing to provide proof of sales tax
payments?
Was there any month in which the levy was late or not paid?

Under the eight categories above, a vendor can get a maximum score of 40
performance points.  Points are deducted for each instance of a problem but
we have a maximum ceiling of five performance points that can be lost in
each category.

We have a six month rating period and the promotion and transfer committee
meets twice a year to do this evaluation.  Vendors losing points receive a
preliminary notice of the action and have fifteen days in which they can
challenge the accuracy of an adverse finding.

Hope this is helpful.  Good luck with your own initiative.

Mazher