[vendtalk] Washington Seminar

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Mon Jan 7 18:45:54 UTC 2013

Greetings,

The president has asked me to remind all of you to join us at Washington Seminar. He plans a robust agenda. There will be time to discuss the major topics of importance to all blind entrepreneurs. The luncheon meeting will commence at 11:30 and conclude at 2:30, Monday, February 4. The luncheon will cost $35. You will recall that the luncheon fare at the Holiday Inn Capitol is yummy. You can pay your money at the time of the luncheon. If you'd like to let me know in advance that you plan to attend, that would be helpful.

Do not forget to make your hotel reservations. Please forward this to our buddies and encourage them to make reservations. Make your hotel reservation by calling Dianne McGeorge, 303-778-1130, ext. 219. Do not make reservations with the hotel. The only way to get our NFB rate and be assured that you have a room is to make reservations with Ms. McGeorge and/or her assistant Lisa by 5 pm this Wednesday, January 9.

Please be in touch with state affiliates. You will want to caucus with state affiliates. You will definitely want to attend the "Great Gathering In." The Great Gathering In will occur from 5-7 pm on Monday, February 4. We will be working on Capitol Hill to advance our legislative initiatives on Tuesday and Wednesday. Some of us will remain to continue our work into Thursday. I know that we will be working on fair wages for people with disabilities, access to technology, opportunities for the blind in business and an agenda item of importance to blind veterans. We look forward to seeing you at Washington Seminar. Join us for lunch at 11:30 am Monday morning, Feb 4, and please stay for the excitement of changing what it means to be blind and the energy and love we take from one another throughout the NFB Washington Seminar.

At your service,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDBCF2.C07B8380]

Kevan Worley
Executive Director