[vendtalk] Nominations requested

Kevan Worley kevanworley at blindmerchants.org
Mon Mar 11 19:18:42 UTC 2013

Greetings,

As you know, National Association of Blind Merchants, in collaboration with our National Federation of the Blind Entrepreneurs Initiative, is spearheading targeted efforts regarding healthy vending and concessions. Will we allow mandates to drive our business, or will we develop approaches which drive new business? Whether changes are made in vending and concessions in response to healthy vending efforts is not the question. The question is, what will these rules, guidelines, or initiatives look like? We are in a position to be at the head of that table. We have now become the serious player. We are facilitating the discussions with Center for Disease Control, GSA, DoD health officials, state health departments, NAMA, NRA, and other industry leaders. How can we leverage these opportunities to bring new opportunities to Randolph-Sheppard? How do we respond to unreasonable demands which may impact our ability to please our customers and profit our operations? How do we build compromise and collaboration, which will show Randolph-Sheppard as the leader? Can we develop benchmarks? Can we develop pilot operations? What should the collaboration between the Randolph-Sheppard program and others look like? We are now accepting nominations for individuals to serve on our healthy vending initiative work group. We are hoping to receive nominations for one or two blind vendors and one or two state licensing agency staff members. If you know of someone who is interested in developing this opportunity, please let me know. The challenge is to represent the real needs of blind vendors to increase profit while honoring the best intentions of those who are working to improve the health of the nation.

At your service,

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CDBCF2.C07B8380]

Kevan Worley
Executive Director