[vendtalk] scripted greeting

HackneyCharles at aol.com HackneyCharles at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 11:36:08 UTC 2015

When anyone walks into my branch of Fifth Third Bank they are  always
greeted with " Welcome to Fifth Third Bank".  If you are at a teller  doing
business, they will speak over you and greet the person entering the  bank.  If
people are backed up in line, each new person entering the bank  is
greeted,"Welcome to Fifth Third Bank."
I go there three times a week and find  it annoying and  insincere.  When
they speak over me to greet someone, I think that is  rude.
I am only speaking about the branch I use and do not know if  the greeting
policy is system wide.  The bank must think it is good  customer service.
What do you think?  Do you have a scripted greeting  for your guests?  If so,
what is your greeting?
Charles Hackney