[VendTalk] FW: BEP Coordinator

Rhonda Hutson rhondahutson3 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 11:59:19 UTC 2017

The Managers of the Oklahoma BEP has already voiced our opinion of who we
want as our Program Cordinator but are being ignored as you can see. We have
stood up to show the SLA our support for who we want in a March meeting and
in
our April meeting the ECM Board voted on our choice. This clearly shows that
there is “no good faith” negotiations happening. I believe that hiring the
Program Coordinator is a major administrative decision.

I believe that the SLA is in violation of Randolph-Sheppard 1170B-1 which
states:
3) insure that such committee's responsibilities include (
A) participation, with the State agency, in major administrative decisions
and policy and program development, (

The U.S. Education Code 395.14 which states:
(b) The State Committee of Blind Vendors shall:
(1) Actively participate with the State licensing agency in major
administrative decisions and policy and program development decisions
affecting the overall administration of the State's vending facility
program;

And our own BEP policies 612:25:6-32 which states They always use part 2 to
ifnore us.

(b) Paragraphs (1) and (2) of this Subsection provide guidance in
approaching the degree of participation by the ECM.

(1) Active participation means a process of good faith negotiations
involving the ECM and the SLA. The Committee must be given the opportunity
to have meaningful input into the decision-making process in the formulation
of program policies which affect licensed managers.

(2) The SLA is charged with the ultimate responsibility for the
administration and operation of all aspects of the Business Enterprise
Program.

honda Hutson
Oklahoma BEP Licensed Manager