[Wasagdu] retreat policy for guide dogs

semisweetdebby at gmail.com semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 04:32:46 UTC 2017

Hi Becky, yes, part of this is kind of insulting, I suppose, but my guess is that these are issues that they have had for this retreat. Much of what has been said is written every summer by both ACB and NFB for conventions. Also there are more people with special needs who have dogs now, and unfortunately they need these reminders. The other thing is that schools now are not teaching people to get their dogs in and under and out of the way. I just about tripped over somebody's dog at work the other day because they did not have it under a chair or the table. A friend of mine recently went to GOODB after having gone to TSE and she was the only one who automatically made her dog go under her chair, or table. They just don't stress that. I mean, it's like it's a good thing to know, but it's not stressed like it is at TSE.    Peace,    Debby