[Youth-outreach] looking for great ways to welcome new people to our convention

John Bailey john_bailey17 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:45:15 UTC 2010

Hi All,
The NFB of Virginia will be having our state convention the second week of
November this year. The state president has given me a whole hour *never
enough time* to welcome first time convention attendees and to answer their
questions.

Last year, we divided the hour into two parts. The first half was having
everyone introduce themselves. The second half was spent answering questions
about the convention. It went very well. However, I am looking for ways to
make it a bit more exciting.

For example, I will give a cruise ticket as a door prize. Do any of my
fellow youth coordinators have any ideas on making the hour memorable and
enjoyable?

Thanks,
John Bailey