[Youth-outreach] looking for great ways to welcome new people toour convention

Olivero, Treva TEOlivero at nfb.org
Wed Oct 20 15:59:15 UTC 2010

John,
Maybe instead of having them introduce themselves, you could have them
pair up with a person near them and they could take 3-5 minutes to get
to know each other. Then you could have them introduce each other. It
helps if you give them a common goal like having them find out about
what the person is looking forward to about convention, how long the
person has been in the federation, etc. Or you could have them find 4
things they have in common with each other.

We still have flying pigs left. You could give a flying pig to anyone
who asks a question. Or just throw them out to people randomly.

Treva