[Youth-outreach] Background Checks for Free

melinda latham youthslammi at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 14:18:23 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

I thought i'd write and tell you how Michigan is getting background checks done for free.  The Michigan State Police have an electronic online search database.  They offer free background checks to 501c3 organizations.  I'd guess that other states have similar programs.  With Michigan, i just had to write a letter about NFBMI, send some info about our intended usage, and my contact info.  I'd guess you could find a program in your state by googling or looking at your state police webpage.

Thanks hope this helped,

Melinda

MELINDA LATHAM
Youth Outreach Coordinator, NFB of MI