[Youth-outreach] Up Date From Delaware

Catherine Newman nabs_delawaredivision at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 29 13:50:21 UTC 2010

Hello from Delaware!
I am just keeping you up dated. We have had 2 youth events in our state and both of them went very well. The first one was October 09 when we went to Citizens Bank and did “Personal Financing”. They really have a great curriculum for all ages.  If anyone would like to the youth curriculum I have a Braille copy and a print copy which I can share with you. Please just request off line.
 Our second event was a Youth Track (first one ever) at our state convention and I received a lot of complements from our state agency which does not happen often. The activities we had were a Braille Workshop in the morning for beginners all the way up to advanced readers. After lunch we had BISM speak on their youth track for this coming summer, and then we had a technology workshop: saw all the new technology that is out there for blind and visually impaired people and he also talked about the FREE speech software that is on the market. Last but not least we had a Traditional and Non Traditional Career panel. Who talk about everything from farming, making pies at a pie factory, grief counselor at a funeral home, massage therapist, and Dr. Mark Maurar as an attorney.
Our next event is November 13 “Personal Appearances” from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. If any of the surrounding states students would like to attend please contact me as soon as possible so I can give them a count of how many is attending.

Hope this information was informing and IF anyone would to contact me please feel free to. Keep up the good Youth Coordinators and let’s help the next generation move mountains.
Sincerely Yours,
Catherine Newman
302 533 6849
Nabs_delawaredivision at yahoo.com