[Art_beyond_sight_theory_and_research] Sacramento’s blind photographer honored by United Nations

fnugg at online.no fnugg at online.no
Mon Oct 14 13:46:28 UTC 2013

Sacramento’s blind photographer honored by United Nations
ad more here:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/10/01/5786507/sacramentos-blind-photographer.html#storylink=cpy
Sacramento photographer Pete Eckert, who went blind 15 years ago, is
going international. His electrified image, “Electro Man,” is one of six
new United Nations <http://topics.sacbee.com/United+Nations/> postage
stamps honoring the work of international artists with disabilities.
The stamps, entitled “Break Barriers - Open Doors,” were issued last
month for a United Nations summit on disability and development in New
York. <http://topics.sacbee.com/New+York/>

Read more here:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/10/01/5786507/sacramentos-blind-photographer.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/10/01/5786507/sacramentos-blind-photographer.html

Pete Eckert website
http://www.peteeckert.com/

Glass artist exhibit at Artist Exposure Gallery

“The Color of Nature,” a new solo exhibit by glass artist Joe Davis, of
Kingston, opens with an artist's reception from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, June
21, at the Artist Exposure Gallery, located at 26 Howland St. in Plymouth.

The artist himself is color-blind. The show explores the “art of
looking” at nature, a lost art that Davis argues is the reason why we
have lost our connection with nature itself, because no one takes the
time to look anymore. Many great artists have long been considered to
have been color blind, including Van Gogh and Picasso.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/plymouth/newsnow/x1002426799/Glass-artist-exhibit-at-Artist-Exposure-Gallery

Blind artist to “paint music” for Vision Awareness Days (w/ video) From
my Inbox to you, from Voice of the Blue Ridge director Jan Smyth: John
Bramblitt is a nationally known artist/painter who lost his vision as a
young man but developed a unique painting technique and now creates
amazing paintings. He will be in Roanoke June 25—29th as part of Vision
Awareness Days. If you’re not familiar with his work, I encourage you to
check out his website: http://bramblitt.net. John will be conducting
several workshops, both with children and adults and has several
speaking engagements lined up, including one at the medical school on
“Healing Through Art”.
http://blogs.roanoke.com/arts/2013/06/blind-artist-to-paint-music-for-vision-awareness-days-w-video/

*Legally-blind Cartoonist Leads Creative Kiwi Army*

*WHAKAPAPA: an art exhibition proving to Australians there is more to
New Zealand than the All Blacks, Tolkien tourism and Flight of the
Conchords.*

*BRENT HARPUR *is a legally-blind, New Zealand born cartoonist, art
teacher and entertainer. To celebrate his second year living and working
in Melbourne, Brent is curating */Whakapapa/*, an exhibition bringing
together the culturally-diverse works of sixteen NZ artists. This will
be the first time many of these artists have exhibited and performed
their work in Australia.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/CU1306/S00231/legally-blind-cartoonist-leads-creative-kiwi-army.htm

Hero nomination a ‘boost’ for Dundee artist

Derek O’Rourke took up painting just three years ago but has already
wowed art lovers across the country.

But the Dundonian’s artistic talent is even more astonishing, as Mr
O’Rourke is registered blind.
http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/hero-nomination-a-boost-for-dundee-artist-1.102611

<http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=c1b9_AO8qr4QSxqgYpk0Eq&u=OldColonyMemorial>