[Artists-making-art] blind student's introduction

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 07:31:08 UTC 2011

Dear Humberto,
Welcome to the list! I hope that the discussions here will give you
some ideas of how to make art as a blind person. I am like you, I have
just a little vison in one eye (3/350, colours and shadows only). I
have tried many different ways of doing art, and have not had anyone
tell me I can't do it (though I haven't taken any formal classes
yet...I plan on taking sculpting class at community college and
possibly at the local park's art center). I have tried drawing with a
tactile drawing board, drawing with a Braillewriter, and creating
pictures with various items such as brads, buttons, and ribbons. I
also am learning how to make things with air-dry clay, and hope to
progress to kiln-dried clay eventually.

Hope this list is evreything you want it to be!

~Jewel