[Artists-making-art] In the NEWS today!

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Sat Jan 18 15:08:52 UTC 2014

Hello friends!
I am so excited to be able to share this beautiful story with you today. It is in the today's issue of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review - you can read the story, and click on the photos. You'll find ME there, with my art work. The photo was taken after the Touch Art Seminar on Thursday, at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts.  I was one of the four panelists at the seminar - and there was a large audience in attendance. It was such a fulfilling and educational day for all of us!

My piece I am with in the photo in today's Tribune Review is:  The Dragon's Healing Breastplate.  It's  on display at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts,  just two more days, as part of The New Collective exhibition.

Click here to read the article:
http://triblive.com/aande/moreaande/5340854-74/art-arts-vision#axzz2qftU80BU

This particular art work  is so special to me because it's creation  became my pathway to the healing of my personal and professional life after I suffered  profound sight loss in 2007.  I had started work on this piece just prior to my sight loss. The piece became the driving force  that propelled me to wholeness. I was determined to be the ARTIST I had been my entire life, and I struggled through the creation of this work for nearly 6 (SIX) years before I was able to complete it.

You will be able to see this work, and many other of my newest pieces in an upcoming exhibition at the Merrick Art Gallery, New Brighton, PA. I'll be doing a 2 person show with Suzanne Gibson.  The opening will be Friday night, March 7th - from 6 - 9 pm. It will be a Wine and Cheese reception and I would be so pleased if you would mark your calendar and come see the new works in pottery and mixed-media bead working  I have done especially for this exhibition.

This is your PERSONAL invitation from ME!!!

Thanks a million for your long-time support of my art career.

With best regards,
Lynda McKinney Lambert, MFA
Artist, Educator, Author
104 River Road, Ellwood City, PA 16117
http://www.lyndalambert.com

You can visit my website (above) for current information on publications, exhibitions, lectures, and new work.