[Artists-making-art] In the NEWS today!

Heather Kirkwood hkdawn at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 19:32:52 UTC 2014

Congrads - awesome story! Thanks for sharing it.

Heather Kirkwood
Vice President/Chief Communications Officer
Hermansky-Pudlak Syndrome Network
One South Road
Oyster Bay, NY 11771
1 (800) 789-9HPS
www.hpsnetwork.org

Personal blog: www.heatherkirkwood.blogspot.com

Search the Web at www.goodsearch.com and choose the HPS Network as your charity!

HPS New York Conference - March 7 - 9, 2014

On Saturday, January 18, 2014 9:09 AM, Lynda Lambert <llambert at zoominternet.net> wrote:

Hello friends!
I am so excited to be able to share this beautiful
story with you today. It is in the today's issue of the Pittsburgh Tribune
Review - you can read the story, and click on the photos. You'll find ME there,
with my art work. The photo was taken after the Touch Art Seminar on Thursday,
at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts.  I was one of the four panelists at
the seminar - and there was a large audience in attendance. It was such a
fulfilling and educational day for all of us!

My piece I am with in the photo in today's Tribune
Review is:  The Dragon's Healing
Breastplate.  It's  on
display at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts,  just two more days, as part
of The New Collective exhibition.

Click here to read the article:
http://triblive.com/aande/moreaande/5340854-74/art-arts-vision#axzz2qftU80BU

This particular art work  is so special
to me because it's creation  became my pathway to the healing of
my personal and professional life after I suffered  profound sight
loss in 2007.  I had started work on this piece just prior to my sight
loss. The piece became the driving force  that propelled me to wholeness. I
was determined to be the ARTIST I had been my entire life, and I struggled
through the creation of this work for nearly 6 (SIX) years before I was able to
complete it.

You will be able to see this work, and many other
of my newest pieces in an upcoming exhibition at the Merrick Art Gallery, New
Brighton, PA. I'll be doing a 2 person show with Suzanne Gibson.  The
opening will be Friday night, March 7th - from 6
- 9 pm. It will be a Wine and Cheese reception and I would
be so pleased if you would mark your calendar and come see the new works in
pottery and mixed-media bead working  I have done especially for this
exhibition.

This is your PERSONAL invitation from ME!!!

Thanks a million for your long-time support of my
art career.

With best regards,
Lynda McKinney Lambert, MFA
Artist, Educator,
Author
104 River Road, Ellwood City, PA 16117
http://www.lyndalambert.com

You can visit my website (above) for current
information on publications, exhibitions, lectures, and new work.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Artists-making-art:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/artists-making-art_nfbnet.org/hkdawn%40yahoo.com