[blindkid] a couple of questions

Kim Cunningham kim at gulfimagesphoto.com
Tue Dec 9 10:53:15 UTC 2008

I wonder if your child understands the concept that if he sucks on the straw, he will get something to drink??? Perhaps you can try dipping the straw into a drink, then put your finger over the top of the straw to create a vacuum. This will  allow some of the drink to stay in the straw. Then place the straw into his mouth and release your finger. Now he will see that the straw has something good to drink and may naturally suck on it for more. We used to do this with all my kids when they were young. It may be worth a try.....
Kim Cunningham