[blindkid] a couple of questions

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Tue Dec 9 18:17:17 UTC 2008

If you're worried about the toothpaste, there is trainer toothpaste that it
doesn't matter if they swallow.  All you can do is tell him not to chew and
keep working at it.  Keep telling him to open his mouth.  Sometimes we had
to brush a certain part of the teeth and then allow a couple of chews before
the next bunch of teeth.  He will get it.

You may want to find a straw cup that has a rubber straw in it.  We have
straw chewers, too.  We've already cut down one rubber straw because it got
a hole.  He can still suck but it's almost too short to chew.
Barbara