[blindkid] Introducing myself.

adoptn adoptn at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 12 05:39:06 UTC 2008

Hi,
     Welcome to the list.  I rarely post, as my kids are older, adults now.  But, your post just jumped right out to me.  My daughter, who is now 20, was born weighing 3 pounds 4 ounces (pretty big compared to your little one).  No one gave much hope for her future.  She did a LOT of echolalia at your daughter's age.  Now, she is going to Junior College, to major in speech therapy or radio broadcasting!!  She has written a song, which she sang for her highschool graduation.  She sang for the mayor of our city, and for the Superintendent of School.  She won a $2,000 scholarship from the radio broadcasting group, and a $1,000 scholarship from the National Foundation for the Blind.
     So, continue to plan for a very successful future for your daughter, provide her with all opportunities, and never listen to anyone who says she can't do something.   You can visit my website at http://www.adoptn.org to see a picture of my daughter.  You can also hear a bit of one of her songs, which was taped about 4 years ago, on the page on blindness.
Bye for now,
Gloria