[blindkid] Identify yourself please

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Nov 22 03:48:52 UTC 2008

Carrie:

I am blind as you know.

I say LET IT GO! C'mon now: do you *really* have to know whom you are
talking to most of the time? Some may get on me a bit about what I'm
going to say but honestly, in most instances, the conversations are
usually quite vacuous and forgetable and it doesn't matter a damn who
one is talking to. I may be out in left field here but do *you* always
remember to whom you are talking? I'd bet not. And I'd bet you get along
quite fine.

In those few instances where it matters (as, for instance, if a gblind
guy is talking to and interested in a pretty girl), one way or another,
the blind person will endeavor to find out. In most cases, however, it
really doesn't matter much.

And I've gone for *years* on the job, knowing who someone is by where
he/she works and what he/she does but I haven't the faintest idea what
his/her name is and if I need to know, I can ask someone else or look it
up in the Bonneville Power Administration (that's where I work)
phonebook.

So forget it! If it doesn't matter to Jordan, why should it matter to
you? Might not the *real* problem be that Jordan is pointing out to you
in glaring but tacit fashion that identities don't matter much under
most circumstances? (big grin)

Mike Freeman