[blindkid] Candyland Game

Merry-Noel Chamberlain lemonjuze at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 22:00:36 UTC 2008

Carrie,
I did adapt Carrie Thomson's daughter's Candyland game - that was before Feel-N-Peel stickers (through APH) came out.  Now, I use those because they are so easy to use and if you get both packs (I and II) you have plenty for the whole game w/ lots left over.  Also, they have them in colors so that helps make the game a little brighter for low vision players.  I now use Graphic Tape (APH) for the shortcut pathways.  They hold on better and don't stick when folding the board.  I like using the stickers better than the letters because Candyland is for those who are non-readers.  However, Braille works, too, if you use sticky Braille.
I also recommend the Candy Land Castle Game.

1.            Candyland board game:  Use Feel-N-Peel stickers (Both sets).  Use graphic tape for shortcut paths. (Age 3+)  Milton Bradley
2.            CandyLand CastleGame:  Although this game uses colored shapes, all similar shapes have the same color and don’t interfere with the game. (Age 3+) Milton Bradley

Merry-Noel Chamberlain, NOMCT, TVI