[blindkid] Braille Music question

Susan Harper sueharper at firstchurchgriswold.org
Tue Apr 7 13:09:31 UTC 2009

It is not a question of opportunity as much as desire.  Many sighted
children do not want to learn to read music either.   If this young girl
wants to learn Braille musical notation, she will.  There are many paths to
learning, which is why we chose a different one, that of home schooling,
which many of you will also disagree with.  But all my home school children
have gone on to college and done just fine.  There are many different ways
to accomplish ones goals.  I happen to be a self taught musician.  There was
a need and I learned, just as I learned Braille.  I have not need for
contracted Braille yet, but since I will, I will teach myself that too.  The
key to literacy is reading and learning how to learn and then all things are
possible.
Blessings,
Sue H.