[blindkid] blindkid Digest, Vol 64, Issue 14

Leslie Ligon atfirstsight at ligondesign.com
Mon Aug 17 18:44:34 UTC 2009

Sally, what do you mean by "...a lot of time?" I just finished the
blindfold portion of my COMS, so I'm not an expert by any means, but
that course, plus Ethan give me a good bit of experience.

Ethan's saying his teacher didn't even make maps at the beginning of
last year - his first in a new middle school. Since she hasn't called
to schedule a time for going back over the school environment, I'm
offering to take him up this week for a refresher in the 7th Grade
halls, (if he can stand being with me to do that ;-))

Tactile mapping is not used a great deal in the workaday world,
though, since most people are familiar with the routes they have each
day. I believe it would be really useful if you were going to an
unfamiliar place and wanted to give an overview, then, smaller and
smaller areas within that larger arena.

Please, anyone else chime in, as well.

Best,
Leslie