[blindkid] O&M maps

Sally Thomas seacknit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 18:08:52 UTC 2009

Hi Carrie and Leslie,

It does make sense that a map can convey a lot of information without all
the distractions.  It just seems to me that going over and over the same map
can really be boring.  I don't know the actual amount of time he's spent on
the map but when I see him travel confidently around the school, going over
the map again and again and having the map as a goal seems excessive.   I
guess the problem is more that the O&M class isn't fun and challenging to
David but he is a good traveler (for the most part) so maybe he gets more
out of it than he thinks he does.

Sally Thomas