[blindkid] Advice on books to buy thru FIF of IN.

Amber Hall ahall238 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 26 18:38:16 UTC 2009

Hello, I have a 7 yr. old 2nd grader who is blind.  She is currently about half-way thru her contracted braille in our local public school.  I am also taking courses thru  Hadley School for the Blind and am 3/4 of the way thru the Contracted braille course. My state has something called a family involvement fund, which will reimburse you for materials pertaining to your child's disability. So I am on the hunt for good books that I can use to help my daughter's education go smoother and her to be more independent.. I will list the books I've already got listed: 1. Independent movement and travel in Blind Children 2. The Bridge to Braille 3. The Slate Book 4. Handbook for Itinerant and Resource Teachers 5. Modular Instruction for Independent Travel . I've already purchased Making It Work from the convention this summer.  If anyone has anymore suggestions that would be great. I've only got a few days to get my list in. Thank You so much. My e-mail
 address is ahall238 at yahoo.com.