[blindkid] Disney, Behind-the-Scenes Tours

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 18 18:52:23 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

    Another exciting service Disney offers to any park guest is their
"Behind-the-Scenes Tours." If there's an attraction of particular interest
you can contact them prior to your trip to arrange one of these tours
particularly if it will benefit blind kids.

 One attraction at Epcot Center that comes to mind is "The Land." This is
the pavilion where futuristic gardening methods are showcase. Normally one
travels through a series of greenhouses in a boat to view such exhibits as
tomato plants growing up-side-down and being supported arroponically. This
would be more meaningful if a blind child or adult can physically examine
the tomato plants and the structure that holds them in position and the
touch the plant roots during the misting process. Likewise if blind people
can be given the chance to touch the hydroponic gardening exhibits and other
attractions throughout the Disney Parks on behind-the-scenes tours the
experience could be unforgettable. I'm not sure if there are extra fees for
these tours but you can find out by contacting the Disney Parks. Enjoy your
time in the happiest place on Earth.

Peter Donahue