[blindkid] Leaving classes early

Patricia Renfranz dblair2525 at msn.com
Sun Jan 25 00:08:10 UTC 2009

This issue just came up for us yesterday! Talk about timeliness.
Caroline is in 7th grade in a rabbit warren of a junior high. We just
learned she is often late to class. What disturbs me is that Caroline was
told, much like Sally's son, that she "will" be dismissed early. There is no
discussion about it. No one is trying to figure out what she needs to learn
in order to be on time. Maybe it's as simple as learning to anticipate the
bell, or staying to the right in the hall, I don't know. No one thinks about
the ramifications, short or long term.
Thank you Sally for bringing this up. It will be so useful for us.
Pat
dblair2525 at msn.com
801-582-2293