[blindkid] repeating

Thea Eaton thea at doodledoo.com
Tue Jun 16 16:20:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

A child repeating word patterns is called echolalia. It can be immediate but
also delayed, with memorized word patterns. It does not mean your child is
autistic, I think a lot of blind children show signs of echolalia in their
early speech patterns. Where sighted children connect with eye contact,
blind children do the same with speech. I would google 'echolalia' and
'blind children' to read more about it, and mention it to your doctor.

Thea Eaton