[blindkid] repeating

Erin Teply eteply at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 17 13:43:46 UTC 2009

Kathy,

My son used to do that, probably from age 2 1/2 to 3.  He did it
instead of saying 'yes', but that is what he meant when he kept
repeating.  Once we worked with him on saying yes instead of
repeating, he didn't do it anymore.  We are always careful how we
phrase things and use very specific language with him just so that our
explanations are clear, maybe that is why your daughter wants things
worded a specific way?  Just a thought.  My son will continue to ask
me the same question right now over and over and I finally tell him I
know he knows the answer--it really is his way of telling me he wants
to talk about something in greater detail (that is how he is
learning!).  If I ask him if he wants to talk about whatever it is, he
smiles, so I know that is it :).  I'm working with him to tell me he
wants to talk about something instead of repeating the same question
to me.

-Erin