[blindkid] Schools for the Blind vs. Education in PublicSchoolSystems

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Jun 19 02:38:27 UTC 2009

I agree with Mike.  The important thing is the education and training
you get, not the setting.  I went to both, got good blindness skills
in school for the blind and good education, and socialization in
public school.  My state, at the time, had good support for kids in
public school though, as they have never had a school for the blind,
and population is dense.

If a public school can give you the skills and support, I think it is
generally a better setting, but if you aren't going to get enough
Braille travel etc., you may be better off in a school for the blind.

Dave