[blindkid] SMARTboard comment

Wendy Molle wmolle at schoharie.k12.ny.us
Wed Mar 18 15:31:27 UTC 2009

Personally, anytime I use the SMARTboard I have an embossed copy of screens for my blind student.  It only takes a few minutes to convert the files.
Also, nobody in our district uses the SMARTboard in place of a textbook.  It is in place of a chalkboard or whiteboard to present information on.  At least how we use it, it may be better for the blind student because we think out our lessons ahead of time to create the slides we will use with the class.  This lets us be totally prepared for the blind student, instead of thinking off the cuff and not having materials Brailled before they arrive.
Wendy