[blindkid] Advice needed about school incident

LESLEY FISCHER lesleyfischer at dishmail.net
Wed Nov 4 21:56:49 UTC 2009

I can look at this in a few different ways. One, just the way you did- why
say anything because its over & second I think if this was my daughter who
this was done to I would want her to know what happened to her. With
appropriate situations I have always been honest with Kristy & I
explained situations to her in a way I knew she would understand. I think by
being honest with her it allows her the chance to learn how to deal with all
the good & bad in life. I would rather have her learn some of "life's
lessons" when they happen then to keep things from her & guard her from
things & when she is older it would be a shock to her & she wouldn't know
how to deal with things.

Acceptance is a hard skill to learn when you are an adult. I feel that's a
skill that is learned through life by experience. Appropriate exposure to
life gives us the experience that  teaches us so many things, not only about
life itself but how to form relationships with other people around us & how
to deal with them. By telling her all the good & bad it allows her to learn
what life is all about. I think also if it was me I would want to know.

If they didn't already I  also think that these kids should have apologized
to this child face to face. It sounded as if it was kept from the child who
got the food taken from her. I feel that was wrong & if it was my child I
would be mad. To me I get the impression that they are not even treating
this child as an equal. The school staff should have told her right away
what was done to her & if they didn't know how they should have called &
talked to the child's parents & took it from there. Just my opinion.
Lesley

--
http://oldeenglishbulldogges.webs.com