[blindkid] paper on Braille literacy for blind children

Kasondra Payne kassyp36 at msn.com
Thu Nov 5 03:17:39 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am writing a paper on Braille literacy for blind children as part of my
intermediate writing class at Utah State University.  I have spent the past
several weeks researching why and how blind children do or do not read
Braille.  My own personal story and that of my children will be the backbone
of the paper, and my research will support it.  I am directing this paper at
a general audience because I want to do my part to increase awareness of
Braille and blindness.  I am

looking for a couple things to finish out this paper.  I need a visual
representation of a Braille cell, an image of the Braille vs. the print
alphabet, and possible a picture of a Brailler and slate and stylus.  I am
hoping someone can lead me to some images I can incorporate in my paper.  If
anyone has any great stories, quotes, statistics, or anything else that you
think I should see, please send them to me by this weekend.  I am also
asking for your thoughts and prayers.  There is a chance that this could be
entered into a huge competition on campus or get published in an anthology
for this particular class.  I love writing, and I am so thankful that I can
read and write Braille.  I want to see the Braille literacy rate improve.
Thank you for your help and support!

Kasondra Payne