[blindkid] Advice needed about school incident

Carol Castellano blindchildren at verizon.net
Thu Nov 5 14:46:06 UTC 2009

Boy, you sure put your finger on the issues.  Thank goodness for the
NFB and NOPBC and all our outreach and activities for parents.

Because once the parents find out that it's okay to be blind, and
once their expectations are raised, then the child can be brought up
in an atmosphere of normal expectations, an emphasis on competence
and skills, and ideas and answers for those difficult situations.  It
seems to me the more skill the child has and the more he/she can
handle his/her own life, the more respect peers have.

I'm so glad you found the Federation.

Carol

Carol Castellano, President
973-377-0976