[blindkid] subtracting in Nemeth braille

Barbara Hammel poetlori8 at msn.com
Sat Oct 17 03:40:19 UTC 2009

I guess I have a different opinion.  I think she should learn to do them the
correct way and get proficient at it so her work can be corrected and the
teacher can know exactly what kinds of mistakes are being made.  Also, if
she gets proficient at it, and revisits it through the years to keep it in
her head, you just never know.  Maybe she may be a TVI or know a parent who
has a blind child who needs help.
I took the Haddley course for Algebra because I did so poorly in high school
but I had to take the basic Nemeth course first because I didn't learn those
crucial basic things.  If I did learn them young, they weren't revisited to
stay in my head.
Use up lots of paper now so when she's older, she'll be confident when a
teacher asks her to show her work.
Barbara

Snow is God's way of reminding us that beauty can be found even in the
coldest hearts.