[blindkid] School cane O/M issues

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Oct 20 02:36:15 UTC 2009

Doreen:

Bravo! Stick to your guns! We're all with you!

I'm going to propose what your O&M instructor will consider heresy: why not teach your daughter to use a cane yourselves? Get Tom Bickford's "The Care and Feeding of the Long White Cane" and Carol Castellano's "Making It Work" which has chapters on cane use. Both are available from NFB's Independence Market.

To the wall, comrade!

Mike Freeman, President
NFB of Washington