[blindkid] Big Announcement!! about Braille Readers are Leaders Contest

Thorpe, Mary Jo mhartle at nfb.org
Tue Sep 1 15:21:32 UTC 2009

HI Federationists and Friends,

     We are pleased to announce that this fall there will be some new
additions to the NFB's wonderful Braille Readers are Leaders
program.  For starters, we are going to be expanding the program to
include some new categories.  New categories will include competitions for :

**Teens--beginner, intermediate, and advanced readers
**Adults--beginner, intermediate, and advanced readers
And so much more!

         Don't worry though.  We're still keeping the original
Braille Readers are Leaders that we all know and love.  But, we will
be adding some new components to that as well.  The program is slated
to kick off in November with these new additions, so start brushing
up on your contractions and warming up those fingers!  Please stay
tuned for more details as they develop.

     If you have ideas or suggestions for Braille Readers are
Leaders, or any other Braille programs,  please let me know.  You can
contact me at the National Center, or email me at
<mailto:Mhartle at nfb.org>Mhartle at nfb.org or
<mailto:Mthorpe at nfb.org>Mthorpe at nfb.org.   Thanks.

Sincerely,
Mary Jo T. Hartle